Pages

7. The Big Day

I don't remember much of what happened between Summer of 2006 and the wedding. It seemed to go by so quickly! My mom and I planned my dream wedding together. It was so much fun! I had known where I wanted to get married since I was a little girl. There was a perfect spot in one of my Dad's hay fields, right at the top of a small rise, up against a tree line. It was beautiful! 

(The spot is a little to the left of the middle of the picture.)


I had been telling my parents since I was about 7 that I was going to get married there, and I was going to make it happen, even if it was in the middle of hay season! And sure enough, it was. We needed to be able to cut an area for the wedding to take place, and it was a very rainy spring. We were waiting for a few days of sunshine to dry up the field so the tractor could get in there, but they were few and far between. It came right down to the wire. We baled that area 2 days before the wedding! I was so afraid that it was going to rain on our wedding day, and because it was going to be outside I was extra worried. We had a tent for the reception, but not for the ceremony. It rained every Saturday for 2 months before the wedding, but I remained optimistic! 
Everything came together really well. I wasn't the type of person that went all mushy over her wedding dress... I didn't really care, I just wanted to pick the first one so I didn't have to try on any more. So that was easy. I knew I needed something simple for an outdoor country wedding, and that's what I got. That part was easy. 


The flowers were easy as well. I had worked for an amazing florist the year before, and I was somewhat familiar with flowers, so I had a pretty good idea what I wanted. 


For desserts at the reception we did something a little different. All the women in my family are amazing cooks, so we had each aunt make a dessert so that there would be a selection, as opposed to one cake. We had a small cake to cut, etc. (It was yummy!)



The day turned out to be beautiful! Here's what the site looked like.



And here we are becoming 
Mr. & Mrs. Davis!



Notice the "thumbs up"... :)


At the reception...

Table decorations.


It was perfect!
(we had BBQ for dinner. Yum.)

And here's me with a smug look. Maybe I was thinking of his ex... who knows?


Thanks to my friend Anna Joy, who took better pictures with my point-and-shoot than our expensive photographer did :)

All in all, it was a great day! 

Little did I know that when I married Caleb, I married a man who was destined for other places. 
Far away places.

No comments:

Post a Comment